HOLY CROSS SCHOOL
Foundation, Background and
General Description of the School
Holy Cross Convent Sr. Secondary School is a minority school, managed by the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross, Hazaribagh (A registered charitable Society, engaged in various kinds of educational and philanthropic activities through out India.)
Holy Cross congregation was founded in Switzerland in 1856 By Rev. Fr. Theodosius Florentini a great visionary of the time together with Maria Teresa Scherer as the Co-Foundress. Drawn from the life and teachings of Christ, with keen awareness of the social conditions of the time, their determined involvement in the cause if alleviating human need and distress, gave birth to the congregation of religious women, who commit themselves to the need of the time.
The sisters reached India 1896 following the motto of the congregation “The need of the time” sisters are engaged in various activities like education, health care, care of the destitute and orphan and elderly, social work, developmental programs etc. in every part of our country.
This school was founded in July 1967. Formerly it was affiliated with M.P. Board. From 2002, School is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) New Delhi, upto Senior Secondary Level. The Medium of Instruction is English. The School promotes co-education and it admits any child irrespective of cast, creed, social status or ethnic background.
School receive no government or private aid and fees realized from students is the only source of revenue. Hence the fees have to be revised from time to time to keep up with rising cost and salaries.
The academic session is from 1st April to 31st March.